Youthfully Yours Gr was born in 2011 by a company of friends interested in Non-formal Education, Youth Work & European Mobilities. YYGR is a Non-profit Organization (NGO) from Thessaloniki Greece, with activity on local, national & European Activity Level, interested in Arts, Environment, Democracy, Unemployment, Sustainability, Creativity and Entrepreneurship, Volunteering, European and Balkan culture as well as urban and regional activities. YYGR promotes friendship, peace, respect for human rights, anti-racism. Voluntary mutual help on the above matters is the subject to our meetings and therefore activities.
YYGR wants to encourage young people to participate in European/International training/exchange/EVS etc. programs, in order to build a stronger future for our country, acquaint the versatile colorful world we are living , free of xenophobic attitudes, with hope for friendships that will last for a lifetime. Therefore, the Organization is comprised of young volunteers that promote, organize, manage and support projects and ideas that can have a positive impact on the youth and society.
Main activities of our organization :
- Hosting and Participating in Erasmus+ projects
- Sending EVS organization
- Local street Actions
- Presentations of European opportunities
- International Nights
- Webinars on Digital Tools
- Artistic/Up-cycling/Recycling Workshops
- Movies projections
- “Open Coffee“ afternoons
Youthfully Yours Gr has successfully organized the following European projects:
- Youth Exchange “From the Bin to the Gallery”, 30/04 – 07/05/2014. Our project focused in Artistic Up cycling as a mean for Youth to enable themselves and their communities to fulfill their need for emotional release through creative expression. 25 participants from 5 European countries participated in this YE. One of the results of our first was a Toolkit that was posted on Salto (https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/toolbox/tool/from-the-bin-to-the-gallery-artistic-up-cycling.1559/) and included on the best practices on the website of the Greek National Agency. You can find more info here:
- Training Course “Youth Initiatives for Social Engagements”, 24 – 30/06/2014. Our project gave the opportunity to 39 Youth Workers from 13 European Countries, to understand, exploit and contribute to the possibilities of Youth Initiatives for Social Engagement, participate actively in the community and share the benefits of active citizenship with other youth groups, help on preparing and organizing, using useful tools to succeed in their goals, along with increasing and promoting the wonders and creativity alternative educational methods have to offer.
more info here: http://usocial14.blogspot.gr/p/about.html
- Seminar “Youth Health, watch, learn, share”, 4 – 10/10/2014, in cooperation with the Belgian NGO „Joetz“. In our project, 20 Youth Workers from 10 European countries, had the opportunity to present the activities of their organizations, discuss good volunteering practice, the advantages and the challenges of non-formal education, exchange experiences and plan activities for the youth.
- Training Course „Erasmus+ for Everyone“, 22 – 28/04/2015. In our project, 28 Youth Workers from 7 countries, discussed about opportunities of Erasmus+, planned future actions and learned Digital Tools .
- Youth Exchange “Technology meet Employability”, 04 – 12/04/2017. Our project brought together 38 young people from Greece, Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Slovenia and Portugal to discover how to use technology to increase their employability. You can find more info here:
- Training Course „FaciliTRAIN“, 20 – 28/06/2018 (Thessaloniki /Greece), 11 – 20/10/2018 (Whitley Bay/United Kingdom). The main theme of this Training Course was to provide space for development of training competencies of youth workers with emphasis on the learning to learn. Thematically the training introduced the approaches of youth participation and cultural diversity.
- Contact Making Seminar „Come Together for Future Opportunities“, 5 – 11/12/2018 (Thessaloniki /Greece). Our Seminar involved 46 participants from 20 Programme countries. The project aimed to create and stimulate future collaborations between the participants and build a solid and lasting network of European partnerships enabling them to develop common projects around the theme of employability and youth participation.
Our organization’s target group is young people (18-35) from all around Greece, interested in volunteerism, personal developement, awareness, european mobilities, artistic applies, street action, etc. Many vounteers face economical difficulties or coming from rural areas, so Youthfully Yours Gr involves also young people with fewer opportunities.